Answering The Age Old Question – How Do I Choose An Area Rug Color?
Choosing the right color for an area rug depends on several factors.
The factors for choosing the perfect rug color include:
- The color scheme of your room
- Your personal taste
- The overall mood or atmosphere you want to create
Here are some tips to help you choose the right color for your area rug:
- Consider the room’s color scheme: Look at the colors of the walls, furniture, and accessories in the room. You can either choose a rug that matches or complements the dominant colors in the room, or you can choose a rug that provides a pop of contrasting color.
- Think about the mood you want to create: The color of your area rug can affect the mood of the room. For example, a rug with warm colors like red, orange, or yellow can create a cozy and inviting atmosphere, while area rugs with cool colors like blue or green can create a more calming and relaxing atmosphere.
- Consider the size of the room: If you have a small room, a light-colored rug can make the space feel more open and spacious. A dark-colored rug can make a large room feel more intimate and cozy.
- Take your lifestyle into account: If you have pets or are working on decorating a kids room, you may want to choose a rug that is easy to clean and hides stains well. In this case, a darker color may be more practical.
- Trust your instincts: Ultimately, you should choose a rug with colors that you love and that make you feel good. Don’t be afraid to take some time to explore different options and find the color that speaks to you.
Going the reveres and choosing the rug that will dictate the colors in the room
In many ways, there is not one type of area rug that will work in your space. But choosing the perfect rug first then working from the ground up may prove easier than going the reverse. Especially since decorative fabrics and textiles are far more easy to find in a wide range of colors than area rugs are. If you flow this approach and buy your area rugs first, you can pretty much go with your heart. This approach lets you pick any area rug your heart desires and then you can use and pull from the colors in the rug and tie the room together with your fabrics.
If you go the reverse, you need to think about how the rug will work in the room. You can use rugs to add color to an existing interior design that is more neutral or to tone down an already “loud” maximalist home decor.
Here are some great area rugs with wonderful colors to get the creative juices flowing:
To make it easier, use these links below to find the perfect carpets by their rug colors:
Black Grey Colored Rugs | Brown Earth Tone Rugs | Ivory Cream Colored Rugs | Blue Color Rugs | Yellow Gold Colored Rugs | Green Colored Rugs | Pink Salmon Coral Rugs | Red Rust Rugs | Purple Mauve Eggplant Rugs | Black And White Rugs | Colorful Happy Jewel Tone Rugs| Red Black White Rugs | Cool Colored Rugs | Warm Tone Rugs
This interior design blog about How To Choose An Area Rug Color was published by Nazmiyal Antique Rugs