Women’s Couture Fashion Designs by Karl Lagerfeld for Macy’s
Who is Karl Lagerfeld?
Karl Lagerfeld was a German fashion designer and creative director who was one of the most influential and prolific figures in the fashion industry. He was born on September 10, 1933, in Hamburg, Germany, and passed away on February 19, 2019, in Paris, France.
Lagerfeld’s career in fashion spanned over six decades, during which he worked with various prestigious fashion houses and left an indelible mark on the industry. He was known for his boundless creativity, attention to detail, and forward-thinking approach to design.
Some of the most notable aspects of Karl Lagerfeld’s career include:
- Chanel: Lagerfeld is perhaps most famous for his work as the creative director of Chanel, one of the most iconic and renowned luxury fashion houses in the world. He took on this role in 1983 and played a pivotal role in reviving the brand’s image, blending its classic elements with modern touches. Under his direction, Chanel became a global powerhouse and a symbol of elegance and sophistication.
- Fendi: Lagerfeld was also the creative director of the Italian luxury fashion house Fendi, a position he held for over five decades, starting in 1965. During his tenure at Fendi, he contributed to the brand’s success and helped establish its reputation as a luxury fur and ready-to-wear label.
- Personal Brand: In addition to his work with Chanel and Fendi, Lagerfeld also had his own eponymous brand, Karl Lagerfeld. His brand offered contemporary ready-to-wear collections that reflected his unique vision and style.
- Photography: Apart from his design work, Lagerfeld was an accomplished photographer and was often behind the camera for fashion shoots and ad campaigns. His photography was highly regarded and further showcased his artistic talents.
- Karl Lagerfeld was instantly recognizable with his white ponytail, black sunglasses, and high-collared shirts. He was renowned for his quick wit, sharp tongue, and candid personality, which made him an engaging and often controversial figure in the fashion world.
Lagerfeld’s passing in 2019 was met with an outpouring of tributes and condolences from the fashion community and fans worldwide. His legacy continues to influence and inspire designers and fashion enthusiasts, and he is remembered as a true icon and visionary in the world of fashion.
Couture Fashion For Women By Fashion Designer Karl Lagerfeld
Lagerfeld is one the most iconic men in the fashion industry whether you are wearing his own label, Chanel, or Fendi. This man has been a staple for styling over the past 50 years offering high-end creative direction for major fashion houses. Not to mention, he looks like a villain straight out of a James Bond flick.
Lagerfeld has been notorious for his serious collaborations to bring his haute couture looks to the commercial masses as he has done previously with H and M. This fall his looks will done the superstores of Macy’s worldwide offering women a new fashion look to swoon over. Please ladies do not go all sample sale catty with one another over these looks.
Launching during the beginning of the fall season, Lagerfeld’s designs will grace the commercial catwalks of Macy’s aisles geared towards today’s post-graduate woman on the rise. The iconic looks of Chanel will have women all over the country kicking and screaming to get a piece of these moderately priced iconoclastic looks. The line is set to offer some fashion-savvy choices for today’s career woman on the go with beautiful A-Line dresses, monochromatic modern-day skirt suits, and sassy cocktail dresses for those post-work day happy hour outings.
Gear up, buckle down, and save some serious cash on these classic looks. Start saving those pennies now because once August 31 comes around, you will want to do some serious damage for these looks. Seriously, it’s serious.