Beautiful Collection of Antique and Vintage Round Rugs
Our vintage, circular, oval and round rugs are skillfully crafted works of art. These unique rugs were created by talented artists throughout the twentieth century, and each round rug has a classic style that represents the country and decade in which it was made. Whether you are looking for a small carpet or a large one, there is bound to be a rug in our collection that appeals to your home interior design aesthetics. All of our antique, limited edition products, flat-woven or pile rugs, have something special to offer.
Some of these round rugs feature an intricate network of lines and colors, while others confidently represent the more simplistic designs of the Art Deco movement.
Oval and rounder area rugs, much like angular ones, are designed to draw attention to a specific point on the ground. This point is usually arranged as a part of a whole, in turn leading the viewer’s eye to other sections that define the furnishings in the area. However, unlike traditional angular rugs, round rugs are designed to offset the linear nature of the surrounding room. With the presence of the floors, walls and doorways, there are already many angular lines defining the rigidity in the environment. With a round area rug, decorators can break up the traditional monotony through the use of softened spaces and more whimsical flows that lead the eyes in a less grounded manner.
Read more …
No matter the colors or patterns chosen for the rugs, their round shape makes them ideal because the form echoes similar elements in the room. Items such as lighting fixtures, round circular shapes and appliances mesh with rounder rugs in a subtle yet elegant way. Especially in rooms such as kitchens and dens where such fixtures and circular arrangements are more prevalent. The casual appeal of the rugs, allows them to stand out without looking overdone.
Rounder rugs can also stand out as a perfect visual solution to opening up smaller rooms and allowing them to appear larger and more defined. This presence is ideal at the front of the room, where visitors can see the rug first and the rest of the furnishings next. Use these round rugs to create richer feelings of warmth, as the round shape implies softness and intimacy, especially when paired with colors such as orange, red and yellow. They can be applied by using many of the same techniques as with a standard rectangular rug.
Furnishings can be arranged around the rug itself, or the rug can be used to house several furnishings within its shape. No matter the arrangement, decorators are encouraged to be creative and apply their own personal preferences to the rugs to get the best visual effects.
How To Incorporate Round Rugs In Your Interior Decor
Rectangular rugs in rectangular spaces are such an easy and obvious choice. While they often work well, there is something to be said for a little uniqueness in your design. This can easily be accomplished by incorporating round rugs in our home decor. Round or circular rugs are a great choice to bring personality and style to a room. That said, they don’t always work in every single area of your home. Therefore, it is necessary to know when to choose decorating with round rugs.
Below are some suggested rules to follow when decorating with round rugs
When To Use Round Rugs
Learning when to use round rugs is relatively straightforward. But, at the end of the day, it still comes down to personal preference, perception and statement.
Do you want a rug to blend into the background or would you want it to pop and be a focal point? You need your rug choice to balance with the interior design of the room. Sometimes that means adding a little pop of color or design when needed or wanted.
Consider using a circular rug in the following situations below:
• Highlighting Architecture – What is the architectural features of the space you’re decorating? Is the room round? Are there round elements? For example, is there a curved bay window? Circular rugs are great complements to architecture. Choosing the right round option can often highlight subtle details or soften major architectural elements of a room.
• Drawing Attention To Furniture and Objects – Do you have a round coffee table or entry table? Does your main living room or dining room have a chandelier? Consider using a round rug under these pieces of furniture to draw attention to them.
• Creating a Distinct Space – Sometimes, you have a large living area that you want to separate into smaller sections. Circular rugs are a great way to segment a room to create distinct spaces and nooks.
• Accenting the Carpeting – People often mistakenly believe that if they have carpeting, they can’t use area rugs. Nothing could be further from the truth. Layering rugs over carpeting or over big rugs can be a great way to add texture and interest to a space.
• Making Small Spaces Feel Larger – You can use a round rug to make a small space feel larger. While it may seem counter-intuitive, a circular rug can make a room appear less boxed in, more organic and more open.
Ideas and Tips for Incorporating Round Rugs In Your Home
While you now understand when you can use round rugs, it can still be challenging to understand how to incorporate these rugs into your living area.
Thankfully, there a few ideas and tips that typically work when trying to bring in round rugs into your space:
• Place The Rug Under Round Furniture – The first and most obvious option is to place a round rug underneath a circular piece of furniture. However, this doesn’t just apply to tables. You can also place round rugs under seating with curved elements. For example, a rocking chair with its curved rungs is a perfect complement to a circular rug. An it goes without saying that using a round rug under a round sofa or couch is a very easy choice.
• Use The Rug In Minimally Designed Spaces – Some modern homes and designs can feel a little stark and sterile. This is fine if that’s your style, but a round rug can help warm up and draw attention to a specific space. You can use circular rugs with bold prints, but even a solid or neutral color rug will help create warmth and interest.
• Bring Whimsy To an Area – You can use a round happy colorful rug to bring a little fun to an area. As most people decorate with rectangular rugs, a round option automatically brings a sense of personality, but you can take that a step further by picking round rugs with bold designs. Make the rug the statement piece.
• Offset Rectangles – Rectangular rugs and shapes are the standard when it comes to universal design. But the standard can get boring. Using a round rug is a way of offsetting square pieces and creating a bit of visual interest in the process.
Design Rules To Follow When Using Round Rugs
When it comes to design rules, it is necessary to remember that rules are subjective. Especially when it comes to personal taste and style. You are your own audience when it comes to designing your home. With that said, there are several guidelines that are generally accepted when it comes to using round rugs.
• Make It Big Enough – As with any rug, make it big enough. You want the carpet to reach under the front feet of furniture. Also, you want it to extend beyond the boundaries of a table, ensuring total coverage. For example, if using a circular rug under a circular dining table, make sure you have enough carpet to reach under the chairs.
• Use in Small Spaces – Use round rugs in smaller spaces to make the most impact. However, you can use circular rugs in a larger space, especially if you are creating little nooks or vignette seating areas. Rugs that are circular in shape are great for making statements and for providing visual interest.
• Pair With Similar Shapes – Drawing attention to objects by placing round rugs under similarly shaped furniture is more than a good idea, it’s a great rule of thumb. Circular rugs are great for enhancing the beauty of curves.
You hopefully now have a good understanding of round rugs and how to use them. Check out some of our fantastic circular rugs and be inspired to bring them into your own space.
Here are some beautiful round rugs from the Nazmiyal Collection:
Show Less …