Modern Lighting Trends in Interior Design
Lighting has always been at the precipice of modern design constantly redefining the interior design world and setting serious trending statements. This year, modern fixtures are hotter than ever showcasing a stylish spectrum of pendant lamps, LEDs, fiber optics, drop chandeliers, and industrial looks.
The days of track lighting, fluorescent bulbs, and torch lamps are out in the cold. Revamp your style with an art nouveau fixture that will have everyone’s eyes glistening in its glow.
Whether you’re replacing the overhead lighting in your living room or looking for a major focal point, modern designers are cranking out options that really bring a futuristic style to your pad.
We’re also really digging back-lights that are hidden behind art pieces, televisions, and furniture staples. These little guys add a pop of color to a room lending a hand to creating a brand new look with a simple change.
My personal favorite pick goes to the LED light in an array of options ranging from fiber optic decorative pieces to full-on foyer focal point chandeliers. I’ll also have to throw a little shout out to options made out of unconventional materials from metal and alloys to plexiglass.
Interior Design Trends with Modern Lighting Chandeliers
Modern Chandeliers – Let there be light. AND thus, it was spoken. Modern interior design trends are showcasing some beautiful art nouveau takes on lighting, and in particular, revamps are being made to the traditional classic lighting staple, chandeliers.
Chandeliers are a true testament of refined class and elegance showcasing fine crystals and decadent decor. However, modern times are calling for a new take on these timeless pieces by bringing the bling back in full force with new shapes, pseudo-invisible wiring, and hints of vibrant color options.
Modern chandeliers are shining throughout 2012 as a beautiful focal point and avant-garde twist that takes elegant decor to the next level. Certain shapes are still focusing on the tiered drop with new textural elements ranging from Swarovski crystals to geometric mirrored pendants to razor clam shells or mock opulent opal circles.
By incorporating these new textures and materials, the modern chandelier is learning from its past success and bringing beauty back into the future.
Shape is also key for the modern chandelier. Whether we’re focusing on more angular rectangles with clean lines or a full spiral that screams chic status, the modern chandelier is clearly out doing itself with all of its futuristic renovations.
Other modern designers are going for more sculptural pieces perfectly fusing metal work with deliciously decadent floral or vine motifs. There is something to be truly said on how the chandelier is more than just a lighting fixture. When, in fact, chandeliers are clearly extravagant works of art that combine beauty and severe sophistication.
Lastly, a trend to focus on is the idea of “invisible” wiring or hanging sources. Modern wiring is showing off clear and “fishing line”-esque use in creating an optical illusion of floating orbs. The whim brought on by this trend truly stuns, awes, and shocks the design world and homeowners that require a double take whilst gazing at the playful quality of such design.
Go out and grab yourself a modern chandelier to really liven up the home and take design to the next level. Oh, and be sure to DEFINITELY leave the lights on.
What are some of the most high end luxury Modern Lighting and LED Chandeliers companies?
There are several high-end luxury lighting companies were known for their modern lighting and LED chandeliers.
Here are some of the more iconic and renowned luxury lighting companies that were known for their high-end modern lighting and LED chandeliers:
- Swarovski: Swarovski is famous for its crystal chandeliers and lighting fixtures that blend traditional craftsmanship with contemporary design.
- Baccarat: Baccarat is a French luxury brand known for its exquisite crystal chandeliers and lighting pieces that add a touch of elegance to any space.
- Flos: Flos is an Italian lighting company that collaborates with renowned designers to create cutting-edge modern lighting fixtures, including LED chandeliers.
- Artemide: Another Italian company, Artemide, is known for its innovative and energy-efficient lighting designs, including LED chandeliers and architectural lighting.
- Preciosa Lighting: This Czech company specializes in custom-made crystal chandeliers and bespoke lighting installations that are known for their craftsmanship and design.
- Lasvit: Lasvit is a Czech brand known for its contemporary glass lighting installations and chandeliers, often featuring intricate hand-blown glass.
- Terzani: Terzani is an Italian company that combines traditional craftsmanship with modern design to create stunning and unique lighting fixtures.
- Bocci: Bocci, a Canadian company, is known for its creative and artistic lighting designs, including unique LED chandeliers and custom installations.
- Luceplan: Luceplan is an Italian brand that focuses on energy-efficient and sustainable lighting solutions, with a range of modern LED chandeliers and fixtures.
- Vibia: Vibia is a Spanish lighting company that offers a wide range of contemporary lighting solutions, including LED chandeliers and architectural lighting.
- Louis Poulsen: This Danish brand is known for its minimalist and functional lighting designs, including LED chandeliers and pendant lights.
- DelightFULL: DelightFULL specializes in mid-century modern and retro-inspired lighting designs, including chandeliers, lamps, and pendants.
- Brand van Egmond: A Dutch company, Brand van Egmond, is known for its artistic and sculptural lighting pieces, including chandeliers with intricate metalwork.
Please note that the luxury lighting industry is constantly evolving, and new companies may have emerged or gained prominence. When shopping for high-end lighting fixtures, it’s essential to do thorough research, visit showrooms if possible, and consult with interior designers or architects to find the most suitable options for your specific project or style preferences.
How to decorate with modern chandeliers?
Decorating with modern chandeliers can add a touch of elegance and sophistication to your space while also serving as a focal point or statement piece.
Here are some tips on how to decorate with modern chandeliers effectively:
- Choose the Right Location: Determine the ideal location for your chandelier. It’s often placed in the center of a room, above a dining table, in a foyer, or in a living room. Make sure the chandelier is proportionate to the room’s size.
- Consider Ceiling Height: The ceiling height will influence the chandelier’s size and design. In rooms with high ceilings, you can opt for larger, more elaborate chandeliers, while lower ceilings may require smaller or more streamlined designs.
- Select the Style: Modern chandeliers come in various styles, from minimalist and sleek to bold and artistic. Choose a style that complements your overall interior design theme. For example, a sleek, geometric chandelier may suit a minimalist space, while a more ornate design can enhance a traditional or eclectic room.
- Match Materials: Consider the materials of your chandelier and how they harmonize with other elements in the room. Metal finishes, glass, and crystals are common materials for modern chandeliers. Ensure that the material complements other finishes like hardware, furniture, and decor.
- Balance Proportions: The chandelier should not overwhelm the room or appear too small. Pay attention to the chandelier’s proportions concerning the room and any surrounding furniture or architectural features.
- Layer Lighting: Chandeliers should be part of a layered lighting scheme. They provide ambient or general lighting, but it’s essential to incorporate task lighting and accent lighting to create a well-lit and functional space.
- Dimmer Switches: Install dimmer switches for your chandelier to control the intensity of the light. This allows you to adjust the ambiance of the room and create different moods.
- Consider Bulb Type: Modern chandeliers often use LED bulbs for their energy efficiency and longevity. Choose the right color temperature (warm, cool, or daylight) to achieve the desired ambiance.
- Maintain Balance: Ensure that the chandelier’s design and size are in harmony with the surrounding decor. Avoid overcrowding the space with too many other decorative elements.
- Installation Height: Hang the chandelier at the appropriate height. In dining rooms, it should typically hang 30 to 36 inches above the table’s surface. In other rooms, the height may vary, but it should generally be high enough to allow for easy movement beneath it.
- Cleaning and Maintenance: Keep your chandelier clean to maintain its shine and appeal. Dust it regularly and consider professional cleaning for intricate designs or crystal chandeliers.
- Personalize with Accessories: Enhance the chandelier’s style with complementary accessories, such as decorative ceiling medallions, shades, or custom chain covers.
- Consider the View from Different Angles: Think about how the chandelier looks from various vantage points within the room. It should be visually appealing from all angles.
Remember that decorating with a modern chandelier is about creating a cohesive and aesthetically pleasing interior design. Experiment with different placements and designs to find the perfect balance that enhances your space’s overall look and atmosphere.
Interior Decorating with Pleated Pendant Modern Lighting Fixtures
Lighting fixtures are essential for that swankified sanctuary and what better way to shine light on that lair than with this fall’s hot trend of Pleated Pendant Lamps.
The beauty of these puppies truly comes from their vintage mid century modern design and assortment of colors that give a pack of Fruit Stripes Gum some serious competition. Not to mention, these fixtures offer some valiant versatility.
Hang one [or more] of these pleated pendant lamps in your living room which will really tie in that mod chic status or place these pendants in your bedroom setting the perfect mood of play and pizzazz.
Shine bright with this coming fall’s fierce lighting fixture. We especially love the whimsical way these lamps resemble some serious modern day balloons. Sure, globe and pendant single bulb fixtures are bursting the seams of interior design, but the pleated pendant lamp is where it is truly at with their vintage inspired feel.